Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hello, is this thing on?

Holy crap! I just realized that it's been almost a year since my last blog post on here. Sorry I've been away so long!

So much has happened in that time, but the highlight is that I became certified as a personal trainer and group fitness instructor and am now gainfully employed in the fitness industry, in a second career that I truly love. After passing an exam next month I'll earn another certification as a health coach (what the American Council on Exercise used to refer to as a lifestyle & weight management consultant). This certification focuses on more of the behavioral aspects of health and fitness, like why do people make excuses to not take proper care of themselves, and how can I as a health coach help them see ways around those excuses? Really fascinating stuff.

I love working with my clients at Bay1 Fitness and helping them achieve their goals, whether it's developing their deltoids or gearing up to climb a mountain. Every day is different and brings new challenges, I have some flexibility with my training schedule, and the pay is decent - I couldn't ask for much more out of a midlife career change!

At some point my goal is to combine my fitness knowledge with my media expertise (oh, don't worry - I ain't giving up that part of my life any time soon!) and start doing some videos, podcasts, etc. about health and fitness. I like to call that dream job "fitness media consultant". When that happens you, my Blue Sky Blog fan, will be among the first to know.

'Til next time, stay healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment